Monday, March 9, 2009

Vegan Lunch Time Round-Up and Some Exciting News!

You know me well enough by now that if I say, "I'm sorry. I was too busy to make one of my written recipes last week.", then I must have indeed been running around like a monkey. Ladies and Gents, last week, my little sister turned 21-flippin'-years old. The saddest part about this was not the phone call I received from my weeping mother that her children are no longer 'barely legal', nor was it realizing my sister can't properly gauge her body's capacity for rum. No. The saddest part of her 21st birthday was when we went to buy alcohol, and who's ID do they scrutinize? Mine! Not hers!!

I guess ya can't win 'em all.

Regardless, we rang in her birthday at midnight and I bought her her first (legal) alcoholic beverage. The next night, I drove down to the OC for the official birthday celebration, which happily coincided with me attending the Natural Products Expo courtesy of My Favorite Ingredient, Mimicreme. I wasn't even going to blog about the Expo, but there is one product I feel you all need to know about. I have seen the Vegan Cheese Light...and it is...

When I tell you this is the best Vegan Cheese on the goddamn planet, I'm not messing around. I had a Grilled Cheese that STRETCHED when I pulled it apart. Never mind the fact that the oozing cheddar somehow found a way to entwine itself in my hair so that I had to walk around looking like I had a dreadlock all day. I didn't care! I can't wait until this product's in stores. The pizza they had was also the best frickin pizza I've had in years. I haven't been able to sleep at night since I tasted it.

Anyway, I was too busy last week being a good big sister, girlfriend and actress to work on the recipe I planned to do. You'll get it later this week or next. Until then, you get to see what I eat when I'm not working on bloggable recipes! You lucky dog, you.

At the top, you witnessed my favorite salad on earth. My Heirloom Tomato, Cucumber and Soy Feta Salad. I make it with a combination of Pineapple Tomatoes, Black Brandywines and a few of my other beloved summertime gems. Add in some fresh cucumber, soy feta/bleu, sliced red onions, fresh mint, kalamata olives, lemon juice, olive oil , vinegar, salt and pepper. Yum.

Next we have an uncooked Artichoke Hummus, Heirloom Tomato and Fresh Herb Pita Pizza. I was way too hungry to follow up with a photo of the "cheese" melted, but if you live anywhere in the LA area, hit up the Pasadena Thursday market and buy the hummus pictured below. It is the best I've ever had in my life.


Best Hummus on Earth!

When I'm feeling really devilish, I make my own home made Vegan Marshmallows....

...and then I turn them into Vegan Rice Krispie Treats!

But sometimes, I just gotta have a good-old sandwich. Complete with all the fixins. Oh, and by the way, my birthday's just around the corner if your in need of someone to take a sandwich press off your hands ;)

I'll be back with a recipe soon!

15 comments:

Chris @ Beyond Ramen said...

Someone looks like they've been having a food orgy. And once that cheese comes out, I will try and pit it against my cheese-obsessed neighbors and see if they can tell the difference :)

miss v said...

AHH! i can't wait for stringy cheese!!! :) looks awesome. and way to go, making your own marshmallows. so dedicated....

Vegyogini said...

OMG, melty, stringy cheese is on our horizon? I'm so excited!

Why am I not surprised that you have your very own marshmallow recipe? I hope I'll be privy to that soon...

It was fabulous seeing you Saturday, even if not for long. :)

Ricki said...

That expo sounds like so much fun! And the dishes all look amazing.

Tami (Vegan Appetite) said...

That cheese! Whoa! It's a miracle!

Keep us posted on it?

Gina said...

That cheese sounds awesome!! I have yet to find a vegan cheese I consider to even be edible :(

Adriana said...

Dang! You just reminded me that I forgot to buy MimiCreme! I was planning on buying it and then scouring your recipes for ideas because gawd if I know what to do with it.

It's on sale at Mother's (Costa Mesa) in case you're visitng lil' sis again.

FR Connection said...

That cheese WAS the best friggin cheese ever! It was nice to meet you at the show...random that I stumbled upon your blog!
Jennifer from Field Roast...

Tami (Vegan Appetite) said...

I can't get over that fact you're from Ohio. We need more vegans here!

Lex said...

I had that Daiya cheese last night in Vancouver at this veg restaurant The Naam, it scared the living crap out of me! It completely tastes / feels like casein cheese!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Okay, I have heard Daiya is the shit, but you made marshmallows?!

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色

Movies Gallery 2011 said...

Great post. It was very interesting and meaningful.
airbnb clone| Fiverr clone script| Yelp Clone Script| Angry birds clone| Groupon Clone|

rajanrufus said...

Excellent post and its looking great. Thanks for sharing.


Airbnb clone

online-dating said...

great post

online dating

vacation rentals
http://www.matchmate.ca