Thursday, June 4, 2009

It's My Birthday, and I Won't Blog If I Don't Want to!

Vegan Sea Salt Pecan Pralines

Alright. I do want to blog just a little bit. Originally, I was going to take a one-week hiatus from cooking to accomplish some serious eating. It is my firm belief that one should not have a Birth"day", but a Birth"week". This Birth"week" involves making decisions that satiate the inner child. The logical adult mind, which is rapidly over-taking my immaturity as of late, is to be ignored completely. I tell myself "Yes" to an ice cold beer at 10AM. I tell myself "Yes" to chugging a bottle of Children's Grape Tylenol then running naked down Santa Monica Boulevard. I tell myself yes to eating 3 lunches...and I won't say "Excuse me." after I burp.

So there.

Truthfully, the reason I wanted to post a blog this week was to say one gigantic "THANK YOU!" to everyone who responded to my request for cookbook readers. I can't even begin to tell you how flattered I am that so many people are interested in what I have to say. It was the best Birthday (excuse me...Birth"week") gift I could have received.

Well, truthfully, the amazing Bluetooth device my lady bought me was probably the best gift I received. For the past three months, the only way my hands-free headset would stay attached to my ear was if I held it on with a pair of sunglasses. This was fine during daylight, but let's just say you probably wouldn't have wanted to drive anywhere near me at night.

No recipe this week, kids. I'll taunt you a little with the above photo of the Vegan Sea Salt Pecan Pralines. It's included in my cookbook, which I'll hopefully find a literary agent / publisher for sooner than later.

Did I have a great time on the actual day? I'll let this Drunk Face photo of my friends and I speak for itself....
I'm off to Vegas for a few days! See you all next week.

12 comments:

Mandee said...

Happy Birthday! I too believe in birthweeks :)

VeganView said...

Loved this post! Happy Birthday, hell I make mine last a month. Loved all the inner child callings, esp the beer at 10am. Why can't we do that more often? And those pecan creations look delish! Tear up Vegas baby!

Mihl said...

Happy birthday! I would have loved to read your cookbook too, if I weren't standing kneedeep in all kinds of work. Of course people are interested in what you have to say...and in your recipes:) Anyway, congrats on the first draft!

quarrygirl said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! i am SO taking you out next week! BE READY.

trina said...

I've been thinking about you - I'm glad you had a fun night! I am definitely a supporter of the birthday week - have fun in Vegas. And Happy Birthday!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Happy Birthday, baby! Eat a Ronald's Donut for me! xoxox.

Courtney said...

I love it--birthweek! Happy Birth/day/week!

Courtney

Vegyogini said...

Have an amazing time in Vegas, birthday girl!

Umm...is Children's Grape Tylenol vegan? Just wondering. ;)

miss v said...

happy birthday! i just celebrate my 30th last week... and i mean 'week'! enjoy vegas and come back soon with some recipes!

wannabeavegan said...

I thought that was you I saw running down Santa Monica blvd naked, hmmmm... Hope you're having a great week!

Lauren said...

i hope you're having an AMAZING time in vegas!! enjoy your birth week, love! :)

Glauce said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry I'm late, hope you had a great time ;-)