Share This Page...

Vegan Sage-Rubbed Pork Chops with a Warm Apple Slaw

Somehow, I'm always unintentionally sparking proverbial fires. If you read my Goat Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops recipe, you already know about my accidental collegiate hell raising. Well, readers, I've done it again. 

From what I've uncovered, two separate South American Avril Lavigne fan sites somehow found last week's post. One in Brazil, one in Argentina. All-out chaos erupted. One unsuspecting, beautiful morning, I have my coffee on my porch, and sit down to check my email. I almost fell off my chair.

My inbox was FLOODED with email alerts to nasty comments on my blog, and direct hate-speech emails to me. 85% of them were in Portuguese or Spanish, but they translated loud and clear. My personal favorite accused me of being "an Avril-want-to-be hating whore" and instructed me to "shove cow liver in between my lips and die."

Apparently, my sarcastic sense of humor doesn't cross cultures. 

Avril fans worldwide, I would like to now issue a serious, formal apology:

My white flag is up and waving, my tail between my legs: Avril fans, I am deeply sorry for offending your love of Ms. Lavigne. I shall never again, not even in my wildest dreams, long to stand near her spotlight. My hands will never lovingly caress a Skater Boy. I would prefer a Roller Derby Girl, anyway. I will toss out my neck-ties, and opt for a dramatically less-fashionable bow tie. I may even abandon neck wear all together and buy a snazzy broach. If a Skater Boy should happen to cross my path, I definitely will not utter the words, "See you later, boy." I will politely decline his offers of courtship with a simple, "No thank you, I'm celibate." My skinny jeans will be burned. I will now only wear my dowdy pair of baggy brown cargo pants. I hope this pleases you all because they making my nearly non-existent ass completely vanish. I hope you will take these concessions with sincerity, as I know I feel sincere remorse. My deepest apologies for upsetting you.

Sincerely,
Jenn 

There. Now that the air's been cleared, on to this week's recipe. I've been on a bit of a kick with these seitan pork chops lately. Growing up, I never liked real pork chops. I jumped at the chance when good friends of mine gave me the opportunity to use their ASS KICKING VIKING OVEN RANGE! 

The heat distribution was flawless, and the lighting in their kitchen was great to boot. Thanks, you two ;)

Vegan Sage Rubbed "Pork Chops" with Warm Apple Slaw


[Sorry, everyone. You'll have to find the recipe in my Cookbook, or shoot me a nice email asking for it.]    

Comments

Anonymous said…
um, can I come over? j/k! Looks amazing!
Chris said…
My sister was just looking at my computer screen and actually thought I was craving real pork chops, they look that realistic!! What a fantastic recipe, I'll have to try it sometime soon. Now if only I could find Vital Wheat Gluten nearby (I actually found it while I was in Singapore!)

And I'm sure Avril would appreciate the joke; some people take their fandom a little too seriously.
Anonymous said…
I am sorry about the whole Avril thing. Too sad people don't understand jokes :(

These pork chops look stunning and impressive. Great picture too!
Tami said…
Too bad about the Avril thing. I don't want to add fuel to the fire...and her fans can have her. I'm sure she's a lovely person.

But as a vegan, I'm gloating that we've got you.

Your recipe looks incredible, as always! Thanks!
trina said…
ooh, I want to eat this.
miss v said…
my jaw dropped when i read this post. i made *nearly* the same thing (complete with slaw) on saturday was all set to blog about it this week. it's different enough, so i will, but we must have been on the same wavelength. crazy.
janelle said…
I don't know if I have told you, but I just love your sense of humor! You shouldn't have to apologize, you did nothing wrong. Avril fans are crazy. They like her and that shows how crazy they are!
Anonymous said…
totally delicious! and screw those avril fans. she sucks, bwahahaha.

i am dying for some pork chops right now, those look so damn amazing.

oh...BTW...it's not a viking, it's a dcs, so i hear. :p
I don't know if I've ever had real pork chops, but I know for sure that your seitan version is amazing based on your past culinary performance!
You are making things I've never liked sound appealing!
Anonymous said…
You make the best looking seitan. EVER!
Anonymous said…
Too silly... Avril Lavigne and her fans can go suck it.
Anonymous said…
Wow! I have no clue how I've never stumbled across your rocking blog before now, seeing as I spend 75% of my procrastinating time surfing the vegan blogs, but damn, I'm happy that I did. I love your cooking style (yeah fake meats & seitan, no hatin' here), writing, humour and general awesomeness. Kudos.
MLB2k11 said…
Such a wonderful post. Thanks for the share.
Web Designing| Quora Clone|
Heather said…
Where's the recipe?