Share This Page...

Vegan Pumpkin Spice Twinkies and What's In My Fridge

Autumn is here, everyone. That delightful time of year when the leaves morph from laundry-fresh green to deep warm hues, and the crisp breeze in the air leaves your little cheeks redder than the pinches from your old Jewish Auntie. 

 Alternatively, if you live in LA like I do, it's really just the time of year people get grumpy again. On the plus side, you can buy mad cheap giant bags of holiday-themed candy at Vons. But I digress... 

Growing up in Ohio, I was spoiled rotten with annual trips to White House Fruit Farms. I kick myself all the time over how much I took this place for granted. It's a gigantic fruit farm situated in the rural areas just outside of Youngstown. It is a purely magical place. 

Freshly picked apples and cider, pumpkin picking, hayrides and blueberry donuts that will ruin all other donuts for the rest of your life. If anyone knows of a place like White House within 4 hours of L.A., please let me know. Until then, the Vegan Pumpkin Spice Twinkies will just have to satisfy my nostalgic longing for the "Taste of Fall."

And yes, Vegan Spotters. I'll be starting to sell my themed Twinkies at the restaurants carrying them next week.

What's In My Fridge...

I've been meaning to share these with you for a while. I've been coming across more and more amazing vegan products lately, and the world should be in the know!

  First up, Soy Bleu is AMAZING. We used to carry it at Jax, but up until two weeks ago, I'd never seen it in stores. Low and behold, when the new Venice Whole Foods opened a few weeks ago, there it was...gleaming in the fake cheese section like a beacon of vegan hope. 

I bought one package, fully knowing I should have bought two. When I went back a few days later, they were sold out. Lucky for me, one of the employees saw me staring sadly at the empty space on the shelf where it should be, and reserved a few packages for me on their next delivery. Thanks, Whole Foods Lady!

 
Okay, the lighting in this photo is heinous, but I think the product speaks for itself. Vegan Snickerdoodle Ice Cream. Yes, that's right. Snickerdoodle. Now run, don't walk, to the nearest health food store and eat your PMS cares away. You heard me...skidaddle!

 
Delicious. Fantastic. Amazing. As Emiril would say, this beverage really helps my AM coffee "kick it up a notch." It takes my Chai Tea Lattes up 1000 notches. It reminds me of a less concentrated, less sweet version of Coffee Mate Hazelnut Creamer. I believe there are other flavors of the Rice Dream Supreme line. Once I saw the Hazelnut, I only had eyes for her. 

 Thanks for reading! There will be a new recipe post later today or tomorrow.

Comments

My maternal grandparents grew up in Youngstown, as did my mom until she was 8. I never thought I'd read the word "Youngstown" on a vegan blog! That farm sounds wonderful. Follow Your Heart carries the Sunergia line in case you ever need a quick fix. :)
absosteel said…
Jenn! i must get this soy blue "cheese." if you find it anywhere on the east side.. PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

this is abby elliott by the way.. whats up!? i just stopped eating meat! yay
I want that blue cheese! What if you were to make Snickerdoodle ice cream sandwiches with that ice cream?! Snickerdoodle overload.
Anonymous said…
first off jenn, i have NOT tried the tempeh reuben at flore...i will add it to my list, and flore + the good + pure luck sounds like the perfect day to me!

next, those twinkies look DELICIOUS! seriously, where do you come up with this stuff? they are makin me drool.

last, i need to try those soy bleu thingys. i keep seeing them around. and i've had that ice cream, it's off the hook tasty. when is jax coming back?! :(
Unknown said…
So, I brought the extra pumpkin twinkies over to Brea's last night. Funny thing is, Alex had just bought the last four regular twinkies from Vegan Spot as well. Haha, but believe me, we ate every last delicious-spongy-crumb-bit-of-it. You're genius. :)
absosteel said…
ahh i didn't check my blog until now. but you would have already come east. anyway, can i buy some (vegan) twinkies off ya!
Maggie said…
The pumpkin spice twinkies look awesome!

I've never see the soy bleu or that Rice Dream flavor. I'll be looking for both.
Farty Girl said…
I'm almost a year late to comment on this... but I can verify the amazingness of the snickerdoodle ice cream. They make it in gluten free too!

I want one of those twinkies. I can't think of anything better to do with pumpkin.