Share This Page...

Vegan Lemon Artichoke Cavatelli with Heirloom Tomato Creme, Peas & Prosciutto

Since moving to California, I buy myself a planner/organizer every January. I don't really make New Years resolutions, but for whatever reason, I tell myself that in this new year, my life will be different. It will be organized. I will write down appointments, bills due and birthdays. I might even write down a witty statement or two. Well, lets just say I don't have 5 years of documented paid utilities and chronological poignancy.

I do have a shelf full of empty day planners that report what I did up until January 15th of 2004-2009. Spontaneity is the name of the game in LA, and I've really had to embrace it. The one recent exception was when 10 cop cars stopped traffic directly in front of me on the 101 freeway. Then, an armed criminal ran right across a 10-lane freeway right in front of my car. That was a bit much. I'll take that up in therapy. Moving on...

I was given the opportunity to have a last minute dinner today with one of my favorite vegan chefs, Isa Chandra Moskowitz. It was amazing to meet her. I feel like I may have rambled like an idiot, but I can't even care. My first vegan culinary endeavors were provoked by Vegan With A Vengeance, and it was so great to enjoy a meal with a woman that's inspired me in more ways than I can count. Thank you, Isa. You kick some serious ass. 

My original topic for this post was going to be all about my new apartment. This is the first recipe I've cooked in my new kitchen, and I couldn't be more pleased here with the oven and natural light. I also won't hesitate to mention that 3 of my favorite vegan restaurants will deliver right to my doorstep (cough *Bulan Thai* cough). I'll save all that good stuff for next week. 

What's important is that I'm finally settled in my new place, which means my blogging will resume it's normal schedule. 

PS: Next week is my one year Blogaversary. I'm registered at Sur La Table, Williams Sonoma and Bed Bath & Beyond.

[Recipe removed, but you can find it in my Cookbook or woo me with an email.]

Comments

miss v said…
you got to eat with isa! you crazy lucky girl!!! this recipe looks divine... and i love that tomato creme vinaigrette - i could easily adapt that for a quick salad dressing if i'm not making a full meal.
Jes said…
That pasta dish looks amazing! Vegan prosciutto?! I've got to get on that stat!

Have fun settling in to your new place!
What?!?! I'm SO jealous! I want to meet Isa, too! You are deserving, though, considering what an incredible chef and baker you are! I can't wait for your housewarming party! [Just realized that every sentence in this paragraph contains one or more exclamation points. My apologies for being over-zealous. :)]

The pasta dish looks delicious and I can definitely see making it all as one or using the components for different things. You really are amazing in so many ways!
Unknown said…
Awesome blog....I just moved to Charleston,SC and have been having a bad crabcake craving, so thanks for veganizing it for me...have never tried jackfruit, but saw it the other day in the store.
WAIT! How did you escape cooking for me when I was in LA?!