Share This Page...

Vegan Herbed Thanksgiving Roast with Sage-Infused Vegetables + Balsamic Ale Cranberry Reduction

Welcome to part 1 of 4 of my Thanksgiving feast. I toyed with the idea of doing one big ass post, but I didn't want any of you to crap out before the end of the recipes and run to raid your refrigerator. 

I LOVE any holiday that revolves around food. I thank my Jewish upbringing. For a someone who doesn't practice Judaism, I'm very Jew-ish. This was actually the first Thanksgiving I've spent without my parents. It made me realize something very profound: If your parents are not at your side enjoying a Thanksgiving feast, they are also not there to help you clean up the gigantic mess produced by said feast. 

Was it worth every minute of recipe writing, sweat and tears (from the onions...duh)? Well, I am a bit emo. I'm fooling no one. 

In short, yes. It was actually the most relaxed Thanksgiving meal I've ever had. It was myself and one of my best friends from high school who just moved to California. We ate. We drank. We laughed. We put on sweatpants. We watched Austin Powers 3 and passed out by 10. It was awesome. 

 Happy Holidays!

[Recipe can be found in my Cookbook, or write me an email and pretend you're responding to a personal ad. I'll happily hand it over.]

Comments

Anonymous said…
yum! that recipe looks amazing!
Anonymous said…
i also had a celebration roast this thanksgiving!!! mine was not nearly as tasty though, we just sort of threw it in the oven and called it a day.

you have such a lucky friend that got to experience your cooking on thanksgiving. looking forward to hearing the rest.

for the record, i love austin powers, but have never been able to sit through the 3rd one. is it any good?
Anonymous said…
I love how you're able to take something simple (yet already tasty) like a Celebration Roast and make it all fancy gourmet... this sounds so awesome!
Adriana said…
You used purple haze carrots... Awesome. Everything looks divine.
This was for TWO of you?! Damn, I want to taste your cooking!