Sunday, August 31, 2008

Vegan Twinkies Are Taking Over...My Life?

Happy Labor Day Weekend :)
I officially put myself on a 48 hour vacation this morning following a weekend packed with baking goodness. It was so nice this morning to leisurely sip my coffee and scour the internet for recipe's to veganize...and not of the dessert variety. Don't get me wrong...I love love love baking. But I haven't had a dinner party in weeks, and I'm really excited to prepare a feast to enjoy with my friends.
I was really flattered on Friday when I received a message from a woman looking for a specialty Vegan Twinkie or Red Velvet cake for her friend's birthday. After some brain stormage, I was able to devise a pan that baked a GIGANTIC Vegan Twinkie, and even had some batter left to make a few Red Velvet Twinkies for a garnish. Well, I guess they were too large to be considered a garnish. More like a dessert side dish. If desserts had side dishes. Now that I think about it, why don't more desserts have side dishes? It's definitely an untapped meal course gold mine.

Vegan Red Velvet Twinkies


I couldn't resist. I'm such a Photoshop dweeb ;)
And here's a shot of me filling the giant Twinkie cake...

7 comments:

julie hasson said...

Your Twinkies are too cool! Now, if you could just sell them in Portland...

I'll have to send my brother over to get some, and live vicariously through him.

They look delicious!

alaina said...

that twinkie looks devilishly delicious...
sorry, making a cheesy comment about that was just too tempting.

Meg said...

How much fun. That twinkie looks really yummy!

quarrygirl said...

god i am so jealous. that giant twinkie looks like a dream come true. i bet at the vegan spot that twinkie would cost like $100! lol! your friends are VERY lucky.

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Can we say adorable?!

Pepper said...

That looks so delicious. May I have the recipe, please? I'm dying to make this luscious 'red velvet twinkie' of yours now, mmmm.

If you were wondering, I found your blog entry on the small dessert after Googling "7 11 red velvet cake twinkies."

JennShaggy said...

Pepper:
Thank you so much :) Unfortunately, my Twinkie recipe is the only one I don't give away. I'd be happy to mail an order to you, though!
Drop me a PM at nowheyvegan[at]gmail.com if you're interested.
Thanks again!